Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Now I would like a pony.

In shuffleboard, the most number of points you can score with one puck is 5, if it lands hanging off the corner of the board. This is very hard to do. Last night I threw such a puck, only to have it maliciously knocked off the board by Tobias. (You only get points after both people have thrown 4 pucks each.) I am the shuffleboard queen. (And despite Tobias being the meanest person ever, the fluffy pink bunnies continued their domination of shuffleboard in the High Arctic.)

A few days ago I lamented the hot weather we've been experiencing here, and I have been rewarded with the temperatures falling to a reasonable -37C at the lab, which is actually a bit cooler than the station which is at -34C. This is nice in that I no longer overheat when I go outside, but bad in that the lab is now *freezing*. I am glad to be wearing so many layers today. I have also been forced to drink hot chocolate made out of the super-pasteurized milk that takes forever to go bad. That stuff is nasty, but the station has run out of the good milk, and I am COLD. The cold and wind has yet to bring the Sun, although it did tease us this morning with a clear sky that completely clouded over just as the Sun rose above the horizon. Think sunny thoughts for us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home